I’m ecstatic to say I’ve been nominated for three new awards! To save your inbox from becoming too crowded, I’m combining them into one post. Thank you very much Ava from Reads, Rhythms, and Ruminations and Not-So-Modern-Girl for nominating me for the Sunshine Award, The Passionist for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award, and Train of Thought from My Bookish Life for nominating me for the Black Cat Blue Sea award.
Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. How long have you been blogging and how is the experience so far?
I’ve been seriously blogging for about two months now, and I am having a wonderful time! WordPress has a lovely community, and I love writing for such a kind and dedicated audience. I now have 295 followers, which I never expected in this short amount of time!
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The writing- Sometimes I have to cut paragraphs because my posts are just too long!
3. What are your favorite things in life? (There can be many)
Oohhh, let’s see….There are too many things to count, so I’ll stick to five random joys.
- Cherry chapstick
- Making others happy
- The smell of books
- Going to the theater
- Writing in the morning
4. Which food do you loathe and why?
Pickles. They smell weird. End of story.
5. Who is your favorite character from a book/anime/movie/TV series?
Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. She’s got guts, style, and wits.
6. Cats or dogs?
Dogs! I’m allergic to cats, but even if I wasn’t, I think it’s obvious dogs are the superior species. They stick their tongues out. They sniff at strange objects on the streets. They bark at inanimate objects. I don’t see how it gets better than that.
7. What is your dream destination? (Can be fictional)
Hogwarts! Of course.
8. Which language do you like the most?
English. Though I’ve taken Spanish, French, and Latin, and think those are all beautiful languages, being an English writer I’m partial to my mother tongue.
9. Which is the longest book/anime/TV series you’ve read/watched and how long is it?
I’d probably say that The Series Of Unfortunate Events is the longest, simply because there are so many novels in the collection. I can’t wait for the new Netflix series.
10. Which is your all time favorite song to listen to?
The Beatle’s Paperback Writer.
11. Your favorite fairytale?
Mulan! It’s got girl power, an overeager and sarcastic dragon, and bob hair cuts.
1. What are some of your favorite blogs?
2. What’s your favorite genre to read?
3. When did you start blogging?
4. What’s your go-to winter accessory?
5. Name your favorite book ever.
6. What’s your favorite type of animal?
7. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger. Pick one.
8. In your opinion, the best food is…
9. Which animal is superior?
10. When are you most productive?
11. Why do you do what you do? Like, why do you read, or why do you write?
Mystery Blogger Award
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
The award was created by Okoto Enigma@ https://okotoenigma.wordpress.com
3 things about me:
1. My favorite genre to read is literary fiction.
2. I love books with happy endings.
3. I think baked potato soup is the best substance on this earth.
1. If you wish to be something, then what would it be?
I wish that everyone could find the strength within themselves to choose love instead of hate, I wish that I could be the best writer that I can be, and I wish that dust would disappear from the face of the earth because it makes me sneeze.
2. If you are asked to go to some place freely, where would you go?
I’d go to Sweden, because of their beautiful architecture, inspiring gender and humanitarian political policies, and fantastic chain stores. (Shoutout to Ikea <3)
3. If you are about to choose your favorite pet, which one would it be?
Teddy, my dog. Obviously.
4. If you are free to go to a planet, which one would it be? (Tell me why you chose it, just kidding) 😀
Saturn, because when I was a little kid, I used to dream about reading on the rings.
Weird and funny question:
5. If you have an unanswered question in your mind, what is it?
Well, I have questions ranging from, “What is the meaning of life,” to, “Why exactly do pickles smell so strange,” so make of that what you will.
1. What is your favorite place to visit?
2. Where do you like to read/write?
3. What’s your favorite book?
4. Cats or dogs?
5. What makes a better fort? Pillows or blankets?
Lady Literary | Daythinker, Nightdreamer | Book Adventures | Life As Shania | Elizabeth Rose | Always Booking | Fiction Jungle | JBelkBooks | Book Is Glee | Freadom Library | A Literary Wanderer | Girl Who Reads
My best post: Creating A Writing Workspace
Black Cat Blue Sea Award
- Anybody nominated can nominate up to eight other bloggers
- The nominee answers questions posted by the nominator
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions
- If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simple does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to get the award.
What is your favorite food?
Potatoes. I don’t really think this needs an explanation.
When did you start blogging?
I wrote my first blog post in July, but I only seriously began blogging this October!
Worst Crime you’ve Committed?
I make my dog sneeze. On purpose. I just pet him, and kind of brush my fingers along his nose, and then he does a little disgruntled snort/sneeze. Sorry, but also, not sorry.
1. What’s your favorite genre?
2. What type of shoes do you swear by?
3. Shorts or skirts?