I’m also an editor, reader, and of course, blogger. I want to share my writing journey, and I want to help you with your own!
- I’m a seventeen year-old who hails from the Jersey shore.
- I love to write books.
- My work has been published in the Huffington Post, Poets Reading the News, The Blue Marble Review, and more.
- I’m an intern at Project Write Now, where I teach and facilitate a teen writing group.
What I Write:
- Everything. Okay, I guess not everything. (I have yet to write any zombie thrillers.) However, I’m always excited to try new styles of writing. For now, here are some of my favorite genres:
- Coming Of Age Stories (Young Adult & Middle Grade) The book I’m currently working on (first draft done!) is a coming of age story. Although someone of any age can have a “coming of age” story, I particularly love YA and Middle Grade.
- Contemporary & Historical Fiction My first novel, Nine Months, is Contemporary Fiction.
- Poetry From Haiku to Spoken Word, I love it all!
What I Edit:
- I’m the co-head editor for my school’s literary magazine and the content editor for my school’s fashion magazine.
- I help edit my fellow teen’s work through my teen writing group. I’ve also beta read for many of my friends’ books.
What I Read:
- Everything. Okay, again, not everything, but pretty close to it. If it’s a paperback, I’ll probably give it a try. But again, here are some of my favorites:
- Realistic Fiction – Middle Grade, Young Adult, and Adult.
I love a good realistic fiction story, no matter what age it’s written for. Some of my favorite books include: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, The Thing About Jellyfish, Tell the Wolves I’m Home, Of Mice and Men, and Out of My Mind.
I’ll read a wide variety of poetry. Some of my favorite poets include: Emily Dickinson, (My favorite person of all time! She’s so cool!) Claudia Rankine, Tim Seibles, and Jane Hirshfield.
What I Blog:
- Everything (that I talked about above.) I mean it this time. I write about everything I am: A writer, editor, and reader. My posts are about…
- Things I’m Writing, Writing Advice, and the Literary Life.
- Book Reviews and Book Recommendations.
- Bookish Crafts and Bookish Fashion.
Other Very Important Facts:
- I have short black hair and glasses. (Hair is fake, glasses are real.)
- I’ve seen over 25 seasons of Project Runway. I love fashion, and it’s what gave me the idea for my blog name, Writing With Style.
- I own a small/white/fluffy dog named Teddy.
- I like knitting, playing the piano, and riding horses.
- I’m a Ravenclaw and a INFJ. (Also, as you might have guessed, I love taking personality quizzes.)
- My favorite foods: pumpkin bread, hot chocolate, cookies of any type, and potatoes.