I’m also an editor, reader, and of course, blogger. I want to share my writing journey, and I want to help you with your own!
- I’m an eighteen year-old year-old who hails from the Jersey shore.
- I love to write books.
- My work has been published in the Huffington Post, Poets Reading the News, The Blue Marble Review, and more.
What I Write:
- Everything. Okay, I guess not everything. (I have yet to write any zombie thrillers.) However, I’m always excited to try new styles of writing. For now, here are some of my favorite genres:
- Coming Of Age Stories (Young Adult & Middle Grade) The book I’m currently working on (first draft done!) is a coming of age story. Although someone of any age can have a “coming of age” story, I particularly love YA and Middle Grade.
- Contemporary & Historical Fiction My first novel, Nine Months, is Contemporary Fiction.
- Poetry From Haiku to Spoken Word, I love it all!
What I Edit:
- I’m the prose editor at the Ideate Review.
- Previously, I was head editor of my school’s literary magazine and a genre editor at Polyphony Lit magazine.
What I Read:
- Everything. Okay, again, not everything, but pretty close to it. If it’s a paperback, I’ll probably give it a try. But again, here are some of my favorites:
- Realistic Fiction – Middle Grade, Young Adult, and Adult.
I love a good realistic fiction story, no matter what age it’s written for. Some of my favorite books include: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, Her Body and Other Parties, The Thing About Jellyfish, Tell the Wolves I’m Home, Of Mice and Men, and Out of My Mind.
I’ll read a wide variety of poetry. Some of my favorite poets include: Emily Dickinson, (My favorite person of all time! She’s so cool!) Claudia Rankine, Tim Seibles, and Jane Hirshfield.
What I Blog:
- Everything (that I talked about above.) I mean it this time. I write about everything I am: A writer, editor, and reader. My posts are about…
- Things I’m Writing, Writing Advice, and the Literary Life.
- Book Reviews and Book Recommendations.
- Bookish Crafts and Bookish Fashion.
Other Very Important Facts:
- I have short black hair and glasses. (Hair is fake, glasses are real.)
- I’ve seen over 25 seasons of Project Runway. I love fashion, and it’s what gave me the idea for my blog name, Writing With Style.
- I own a small/white/fluffy dog named Teddy.
- I like knitting, playing the piano, and riding horses.
- I’m a Ravenclaw and a INFJ. (Also, as you might have guessed, I love taking personality quizzes.)
- My favorite foods: pumpkin bread, hot chocolate, cookies of any type, and potatoes.